Patrick Henry, Entropic CEO, Significant Accomplishments
Patrick Henry was the Entropic CEO from September 2003 until November 2014. Under Mr. Henry’s leadership, Entropic grew from a pre-product and from a pre-revenue company, to a NASDAQ listed Russell 2000 company, which peaked at a market cap in excess of $1,000,000,000. Mr. Henry’s significant accomplishments during his tenure at Entropic include:
- Developing silicon solutions and software for connected home entertainment. These products delivered HDTV video and multimedia content into and throughout the home, giving access to home entertainment content on all devices anytime, anywhere.
- Growing the company from a pre-product R&D stage, with no revenue, to a highly profitable multi-national and multi-product line company. At its peak in 2012, the Company did $320 million in annual revenue with 700 employees.
- Completing a successful Initial Public Offering (NASDAQ: ENTR) in 2007 raising $54 million and resulting in a $450 million market cap, in a very difficult IPO environment. Raised an additional $100 million in a secondary offering in 2010. Market cap peaked at over $1,000,000,000.
- Completing six acquisitions: Arabella Software, RF Magic, Vativ Technologies, Trident set-top box SoC business, PLX DBS outdoor unit chip business, and Mobius Semiconductor. Mr. Henry integrated product lines and teams into a cohesive company with an integrated strategy focused on connected home entertainment, servicing OEMs that supply to triple-play (voice, video, data) technology, to service providers (cable MSOs, telcos, DBS service providers) and the retail aftermarket.
- Being an initiator and founding member of an industry standard organization called MoCA or the multimedia over Coax Alliance, joining key industry leaders to drive MoCA technology as the industry standard.
- Building a world-class board of directors through the addition of key members with outside broad-based industry experience and building a world-class management team.
- Raising Series B tack-on and Series C investment rounds totaling $36 million. Securing over $30 million in venture debt, growth capital debt and a working capital line.
- Entropic was included in the Deloite “Technology Fast 500” in 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- Entropic Communications Wins Prestigious 2012 Global Semiconductor Alliance Award
- Entropic Acquitted by MaxLinear in May 2015.
Former Board of Directors Positions
Patrick Henry, Entropic CEO Awards and Recognition
Mr. Henry was the winner of the 2008 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for Technology, the San Diego Daily Transcript 2008 Top Influentials, and 2011 San Diego Business Journal Most Admired CEO.
Patrick Henry, Entropic CEO, Education
University of Southern California, Master of Business Administration, 1992
Georgia Institute of Technology, Bachelor of Engineering Science and Mechanics, 1986, Co-op Plan, Minor in Computer Engineering, High Honors